Change my website's domain address
By default, your Website Builder site's web address is based on what you named it when first setting up Website Builder with secureserversites.net added at the end. If you want to change your website's domain (address), you have four options:
• Buy a new TapSuccess domain
• Use a TapSuccess domain you already own
• Use an external, non-TapSuccess domain you bought from another company
• Use only a QR Code to link to your web address. While this is a little more creative, it can work. For this we recommend QR Stuff.
1. Log in to your TapSuccess account and open your product.
2.Click Edit/Edit Site.
Note: If you have a Website Builder Online Store, first click Manage Store and then click Edit/Edit Site.
3. Click Change at the top where your website's address appears.
4. When the Domain Settings
window appears, your free URL is automatically selected. To change it, make a selection from the My Domain
5. Click Save & Publish
and skip to the last step. (If you want to use an external domain, see the next step.)
6. To use an external domain (bought from another company), select Add an external domain from the My Domain
menu, then click Next
7. Enter the external domain in the Domain Name
field and click Save & Publish
after you see the Looks good! message. (The message confirms your ownership of the domain.)
8. Now log into your external domain provider's website and find where to change that domain's A record. (If you have any trouble, contact that domain provider for support.)
9. Update the external domain's A record by entering the appropriate IP address below based on the area closest to your location.
|Nearest Server Location
||Enter IP address
|U.S. East Coast
|U.S. West Coast
10. Log out from the other domain provider's site, switch back to Website Builder
and click Save & Publish
11. If you're switching to a TapSuccess
domain, you'll usually see a Your site is live!
notice after a few moments, and you can then click View Site
to see your website with its new address.
Note: It can take up to 72 hours, so feel free to check occasionally by re-clicking View Site.